Travel comes in many forms, from booking a ticket, to planning your dream trip, to reading about adventures from your armchair. Whether to plan your trip or to fantasize about being in Paris I have made a list of the best ways to travel to Paris without leaving your home.
16 ways to travel (virtually) to Paris
- Set your clock to Paris time. Don’t dine before 7:30 and dress up a bit like Parisians do!
- Bring France into your kitchen by learning with Michelin-star Chefs or any other program on YouTube
- Don’t wait for a special occasion to open that bottle of French wine you brought back from your trip
- Revamp one room in your home in the style of Paris with the chic concept store Merci or Maison Sarah Lavoine
- Buy a Dyptique scented candle that will transport you to Paris without leaving your home
- Don’t stay in your PJ’s all day. If you do, be sure to wear Lalide Paris (sold at Le Bon Marché and online)
- French makeup is essential. The right shade of Guerlain lipstick will be your best friend on any gloomy day
- Washing your hands 10 times a day? Try NUXE Rêve de Miel a French Drugstore staple your hands will thank you for
- Explore the medieval fortress, Egyptian antiques, the works of Da Vinci and Delacroix at the Louvre virtual tours
- Go to Versailles with Netflix. Meet the Sun King, it’s extravagant love stories, lavish entertainments and life style
- Learn French charm at home by reading Best Seller author Jamie Cat Callan’s Parisian Charm School
- Subscribe to French lessons online. You have time to learn the basics, make the most of it!
- The French National Orchestra, has taken to YouTube with amazing videos of its members playing “together” while in confinement
- Go behind the scene with the Paris Opera’s YouTube channel with clips, interviews and rehearsals
- Discover popular operas and ballets from the archives of the Paris Opera, free to the public
- #PompidouVIP the museum podcast series offers insight into some of its works displayed in the museum like Matisse or Frida Kahlo
When the pandemic is over, it will be beautiful to do again what we took for granted just a few weeks ago: having dinner with friends, shop till you drop or going on a trip.
Nobody knows yet when we will be able to travel again. Can you imagine how ecstatic you will be when you will board your next flight to Paris?
Photos credit: Lalide Paris, Diptyque, Canal +