Paris is a fabulous winter destination for many reasons!
1. PAY LESS! Perhaps the greatest reason of all comes down to much lower travel prices. Airfares fall (except during the Fashion Week) and will rise before Easter (April 21). In addition you will benefit from fantastic hotel deals during the winter months.
2. AVOID THE CROWDS! Save time, relax and enjoy Paris landmarks and attractions at your own pace. The big plus-side of putting-up with the cold is, above all, that the museums, boutiques and transportation are much less crowded, making the experience more enjoyable and stress-free!
3. SHOP TILL YOU DROP! You will find sensational shopping bargains at the Winter Sales (Jan 9 to Feb 19). The products from the most famous designers can see up to 75% price reductions. The Galeries Lafayette and Le bon Marché department stores are the best and most varied shopping spots (including Sundays). But that’s just the beginning, I can show you other great bargain-hunting opportunities known to locals only.
4. PARIS FASHION WEEK! There is Milan, London and New-York but only in Paris you will see both Haute-Couture (Jan 21 to 24) and Ready-to-wear (Feb 25 to March 5). The atmosphere is really unique and if you like fashion, you will love it! Hundreds of fashion editors, assistants, stylists, models and the general cool crowd descend on the French capital. Many events take place at the Carrousel du Louvre, take a walk by and you will catch a glimpse of the fashion in the air!
5. CELEBRATE VALENTINE’s DAY IN PARIS! There is a reason why Paris is called the most romantic city in the world. The City of Light offers many wonderful experiences venues and opportunities for proposing, renewing your vows or simply celebrate love! During the winter months, Paris has a subtle mysterious atmosphere I only found in Venice in November…
6. PAMPER YOURSELF! Go ahead and indulge in one of the magnificent indoor spa pools Paris has to offer. Enjoy a few hours of peace for pampering, relaxation and rejuvenation after a long day wandering the City of Light. Therefore, if you pick your hotel carefully, it can even be right there as one of the best spas pools are in hotels.
7. ENJOY a luxuriously silky-smooth cup of hot chocolate at Angelina’s or a mulled wine (vin chaud), seasoned with a delicious kick of spices. It’s the classic French winter-warmer you can find in any of Paris countless cafés. There you can spend hours watching the world go by like Parisians do. You can even sit outside as most cafés have snug blankets and heated terraces.
8. TASTE delicious season cuisine. It is the time of year for comfort foods (soupe à l’oignon, boeuf bourguignon or pot au feu…) and wonderful food events like the Chandeleur or the Galette des Rois, making Paris a treasured gateway during the winter months. In conclusion, it is one of the best reasons why you should experience the joy of Paris in winter!
9. WARM UP with a cooking class or a wine tasting! It’s the perfect way to staying warm all day. There is truly a cooking class for everyone, from delicate pastries to three-course dinners! Winter is also the best time to attend a wine or Champagne tasting , some take place in stunning caves located right in the center of Paris!
10. DISCOVER PARIS NIGHTLIFE and soak up cabaret’s culture at the Moulin Rouge. The dazzling show is all cheek, feathers and sequins, performed by 100 top-ranking artists. But it’s not the only one! Cabarets are the perfect place to be entertained while simultaneously indulging in a meal or Champagne, from intimate cabarets to the most famous. I will help you choose the right one for you and experience the joy of Paris.
11. VISIT VERSAILLES FOR FREE! On the first Sunday of the month, from November until March, the access to the Chateau de Versailles (including the Petit and the Grand Trianon) is free. Because of the cold, the garden groves and the Orangerie will not be opened during the winter months but you will have the rare opportunity to skip the huge crowds and the crazy lines during busier season.
12. EXPERIENCE WINTER WONDERLAND in the French mountains. The Alps are only 3 hours away from Paris with the TGV (high speed train). Hit the slopes for a ski on the day of arrival ! Or indulge in the finest off-pistes pleasures from spa pampering to fabulous local food. Méribel, Serre Chevalier, Val Thorens, l’Alpe d’Huez, La Plagne or even Chamonix… I will guide you effortlessly through any arrangements that need to be made.